The UK government has produced a guide explains the registration processes you must complete as a UK national living in Spain. You must register both on the central register of foreign nationals (‘registro central de extranjeros’) and with your local town hall (‘padrón municipal’). Children must also be registered on both systems. This is relevant for all UK nationals who plan to live in Spain for more than 3 months.



It covers all the following:


UK nationals living in Spain before 1 January 2021

UK nationals who register as resident after 6 July 2020

UK nationals who registered before 6 July 2020

Validity and renewal of residence documents

UK nationals moving to Spain from 1 January 2021


Simply click here to read the full guidance